Turning the quizzes online can be a task, but you can always learn through it! We will discuss today how you can conduct a quiz competition for students and how you can improvise your pre-existing online quiz competitions.
But before we jump into the technicality of it, you should have a better understanding of what you are working with and how you should go about it. Since we will be learning how to create and conduct a quiz competition for school students or a quiz competition in school, we will be using an online quiz maker that helps in creating quizzes online!
Key highlights of the blog:
- What are Quiz Competitions?
- How to conduct a Quiz Competition online?
- How to improvise your Quiz Competitions?
To understand how an online quiz competition works, you can take this quiz created using the Quiz and Survey Master plugin.
What are Quiz Competitions?
Competitions are of many types and quiz competition is one of the most famous of them all. Every day we come across some kind of quiz in our day-to-day life, whether it be a competitive one like a questionnaire or a non-competitive one like a poll or a survey.
Quiz competitions like Who wants to be a Millionaire? or the Quiz Bowl are some very famous kinds of quiz competitions that are observed every now and then on your television. However, these competitions are also held at various levels in schools or colleges. A quiz competition in college can be very different from a quiz competition for school students but the syntax and format remain the same throughout.
Types of quiz competitions:
- Academic: These are the competitions that take place at academic levels, online or offline.
- Entertainment: These competitions are meant for the purpose of entertainment through a knowledgeable or a casual quiz. These are usually found online.
- Game shows: These competitions are also meant for the entertainment of the viewers however, these are usually telecasted over television and some kind of prize or reward money is at stake or is provided.
Out of these types of quiz competitions, the most famous are the entertainment-based quizzes or game shows. They reach the masses and create a secular fan base over time.
But the times have changed and we are digitalizing our lives, so why not digitalize the quiz competitions? Especially in the academic field of quiz competitions, there is a lot that can be done through online platforms!
Some common academic quizzes include:
These are just some sample academic quizzes that can be created online using the QSM plugin. Let us now understand how to conduct a quiz competition.
How to Conduct a Quiz Competition?
You can conduct a quiz competition in the following steps:
Step 1: Understanding the Target Audience
By understanding your target audience, you are doing yourself a big favor. When you have an idea about who is going to be your quiz takers, you can easily modify and create a quiz that suits your niche and their requirements. More than that, you would be able to analyze your results and outcomes and use them as feedback to improvise your quiz competitions.
No matter how funny or engaging your quiz is, you’ll have to recognize that you’re not going to be able to connect with everyone. Consider who you would like to target instead. The more precise you can be with the specifics, the more likely it is that people will connect with your quiz.
Creating focused personas in addition to conducting research is the finest way to comprehend your audience. To construct personas, seek inspiration from your peers and employees and spend some time looking through your existing content. Check your social media platforms to observe where talks are taking place. Look at the shares and comments on blog posts. If you know where to look, you can find the data you need to build the backdrop for your quizzes.
Step 2: Setting a Quiz Title
What if your quiz appears on the results but people do not click it? It is safe to say that most of the quizzes that are created online are not the best, not because they lack in the field of originality, it is because the quiz titles aren’t catchy enough to hook a fish.
The majority of your creative energy should be directed in this direction. The title accounts for 80% of customers’ judgments on whether or not to click on a link.
It doesn’t matter how clever your questions are or how insightful the results are if your article doesn’t have a title that appeals to your intended readership. Make sure the title is intriguing, will engage your audience, and is brief and straightforward.
Some catchy titles you can consider while naming your quiz:
- The Question Mark: Most of the quizzes are created using this type of title. A question mark type of title is the one where you are questioning the user about “What, How, DO YOU?” For example, How Well Do Know Your Best Friend Quiz or What Euphoria Character Am I Quiz.
- The Comparison: These days there are various comparison quizzes that are seen all over the internet. These quizzes can be about creating a team or maybe assigning a particular prototype for the quiz taker. For example, Would You Rather (Do this or That) or What is My Divergent Faction Quiz
- The Creative: Some quizzes can be titled simply but they are twisted to create an impact and a trigger that urges the user to click and view the quiz. For example, for a personality quiz, you can use a title such as ‘What is your Personality Type‘ or you can choose to use, ‘What Kind of Person You Really Are?’
Step 3: Creating Quiz Questionnaire
The title is a very important determinant of whether or not your quiz will achieve the goals you’ve set. There are a few key ideas to bear in mind once you start formulating inquiries.
The first is to make them succinct and to the point. People aren’t going to spend more than a few minutes taking a quiz they saw on social media. Avoid asking lengthy or complicated inquiries that will make your listeners bored or scratch their heads.
Incorporating your brand’s personality into quiz questions is another essential component. Keep it personable, lighthearted, and brand-focused.
Even though quizzes are designed to be entertaining, they can also be an effective marketing tool, so think about creating questions that will serve as a method for data analysis for your upcoming marketing campaigns. Create inquiries that will also quickly lead to an answer that is advantageous to your business and connected.
Step 4: Creating Quiz
Since we are using the QSM plugin to create and conduct a quiz competition, you are required to download the plugin for free and follow the given steps to install it.
Option 1: Download from your WordPress dashboard
- Go to your plugins menu in the WordPress dashboard
- Search for “QSM” or “Quiz and Survey Master” in the search bar
- Spot the QSM plugin
- Click on Install and then activate
- Your plugin is ready to use
Option 2: Download from WordPress’s official website
- On the WordPress website, go to the plugins menu
- Search for “QSM” or “Quiz and Survey Master” in the search bar
- Download the setup to install the plugin
- After downloading, the .zip file, toggle to your WordPress website
- Go to the Plugins menu
- Click on “upload plugin”
- Drop your .zip file into the dialog box
- Click install and activate
- Your plugin is ready to use
After downloading the QSM plugin, you can start creating your quiz. To learn the step-by-step process of quiz creation, check out the quiz creation guide
Step 5: Quiz Results Page
It’s important to strike a good balance while composing the quiz results. Make sure to inform your audience in a constructive manner if you’re designing a quiz that has a chance of producing a poor outcome. If they feel inadequate or ashamed of their results, people won’t proceed and share the quiz or click the CTA.
When you are producing the quiz results, the words you use might have a significant impact. Encourage people to feel good about themselves even if they don’t get the best results by being upbeat and encouraging them.
For instance, rather than calling attention to someone’s shortcomings if they receive the result “Beginner” at the end of their quiz, you should offer them some advice and let them know you can help them develop.
You never want to elicit any form of negative reaction in your audience since marketing is all about emotion. These problems won’t arise if you create quizzes in specific formats, such as the “Which Are You” format, which is why these formats may be so useful for lead generation.
How to improvise your Quiz Competitions?
#1 Pose intriguing questions
In the end, a quiz’s questions will make or break it. Therefore, it is crucial that you invest some time in researching questions that are pertinent to your campaign and audience and that you are aware your fan base will be interested in answering.
Questions ought to frequently center on the brand sector. For instance, if your business is in the travel industry, you should be posing inquiries about travel, etc. However, there are instances when it makes sense to involve your audience in a quiz that is themed around holidays like Halloween, Thanksgiving, or Christmas.
#2 Make rewards appealing
The most popular quizzes with the most entries also have excellent awards. Naturally, some fans and followers will participate in a contest if it’s entertaining and interesting, but ultimately, people enter contests in order to win prizes.
Therefore, you must make sure that the winning entry is honored in order to increase contest submissions! The award doesn’t have to be extremely expensive; it might be gift baskets, coupons for discounts, merchandise, or even recognition.
You are the best at knowing your audience and what prizes they are most interested in. So use your creativity and come up with the best award you can.
Also Read: How to Enhance your Quiz Results Pages
#3 Select and honor a winner
The campaign’s final chance to generate any buzz is now. Winners can be decided in a variety of ways, such as the highest score, or alternatively, why not put everyone who entered into the pot?
Be sure to blog about the winner after it is announced on your website, in your newsletter, and on your social media pages.
Your website will not only experience a final spike in traffic during this event, but the hype around the winner may also entice viewers to take part in future promotions.
How do you conduct a group quiz competition?
1) Group teams having at least two members each
2) A coordinator or a host that can mediate the quiz questionnaire among the groups.
What are the different ways to conduct a quiz?
1) Offline or in-Person Quizzes: You can take up offline quizzes in the form of a competition. It can be an individual or a group quiz competition. It can be rapid-fire or a statement quiz type as well.
2) Online Quizzes: You can create online quiz competitions and make the most of them by making them available on the internet. It brings a massive user base to your website if done correctly.
How do you make a quiz program interesting?
1) Pose intriguing inquiries.
2) Make Rewards appealing
3) Utilize social networking sites
4) Select and honor a winner
In this article, we learned all about quiz competitions and how to conduct a quiz competition for maximum responses. You can make any kind of quiz or poll using these simple steps and create an engaging quiz for your users.
Using the Quiz and Survey Master plugin, you can add an extra edge to your quizzes by customizing them according to your website’s design, look and feel. And to make the most of the QSM plugin, you can consider purchasing QSM addons. These addons are like extensions for your quizzes and can be availed individually or in the form of bundles.
Try Quiz and Survey Master
QSM is a free plugin that allows you to create and publish unlimited Quizzes & Surveys with no cap on questions or answers, helping you to take control of your website's interactive elements.Download Now