Quizzes and Surveys are ruling the marketing world, but there is always more to them. These become a stakeholder in promoting a healthy and happy environment in an executive setup as well.
More than often, Quizzes and Surveys for team building and employee engagement are prejudiced to be boring and obligatory, but actually, they can be super fun!
Team building and employee engagement are the strength of an employee’s emotional and mental connection to their company, their teams, and the work they do.
While there are many ways to increase employee engagement, one of the more unusual and entertaining options is to introduce a fun quiz for employees.
Consider a corporate quiz, such as a trivia night, an icebreaker round, or a general knowledge test! They are simple, cost-effective, and effective methods of increasing team building and employee engagement opportunities.
You can easily create a quiz or a survey for team building and employee engagement using the QSM plugin and its versatile features. Take this sample employee survey to understand how it works!
In this blog we will learn about the following:
- What is Employee Engagement?
- Quizzes and Surveys for Team Building and Employee Engagement
- Why use Quizzes and Surveys for Team Building and Employee Engagement?
- Questionnaire for Team Building and Employee Engagement
What is Employee Engagement?
Employee engagement indicates how invested, committed, and enthusiastic employees are. It is the connection they have with their organization.
It also includes their motivation to complete their work successfully, how closely they relate to the company values, and their willingness to collaborate and work as a team.
Engagement is an outcome that is dependent on a company’s actions, particularly those driven by leadership, managers, coworkers, and teams. The more managers invest in their employees, the more invested employees are in the company and their work, which contributes to larger, organizational goals.
Quizzes and Surveys for Team Building and Employee Engagement
#1 Sporting Trivia
Barcelona or Manchester United? This is one quiz that will get your employees riled up! Sports-themed quizzes are exciting and can generate a lot of engagement and participation.
#2 Science-related Quiz
This is an excellent opportunity to bring out the geeks in your workforce. You can talk about equations or potions – distinguish between chemicals and disaster recipes!
#3 Company Trivia
Take advantage of this opportunity to learn how much your employees know about your company. You can also use it to keep them up to date on company news. You can also add personalization with some water cooler chit-chats and inside jokes.
#4 Team Trivia
This idea is a subset of the previous one, but it is more focused. Pose team-specific trivia questions to your employees. This facilitates virtual team building and fosters camaraderie among team members.
#5 Personal quiz:
This theme is an excellent way to learn more about your employees’ lives – who they are when they are not working for your company. You can inquire about their hobbies, interests, what they do in their spare time, any pets they own, and other topics.
#6 Pulse Surveys
You can conduct pulse surveys for your employees, which include questions about their experiences, onboarding, pre, and post-training questions, and much more. This could become a fun activity if taken up with a light heart!
#7 Positive energy quiz
After a long day at work, you and your employees may both want to unwind and feel good. Pose positive questions such as “one good thing that happened to you in the last year,” “things you are grateful for,” and so on.
Also Read: 101+ Best Trivia Questions of All times
#8 Know your terminology
This is a fun yet educational game based on the terms used in your trade or by your company. While your employees are having fun, you can ensure that they are brushing up on their market knowledge. These types of quizzes ensure team building and employee engagement imbibed.
#9 Fact or myth
With so much information available, it can be difficult to distinguish between facts and myths. Use a quiz to ensure that employees can distinguish between the two. For the quiz, you can use information from your industry.
#10 Corporate Jargon Survey
You hear buzzwords thrown around all week when you’re communicating with colleagues or clients. Put your employees to the test and see how much lingo they know. You can ask questions like “In marketing, what does the acronym ‘CPI’ stand for?” if it’s a quiz for the marketing team. ”
#11 The Client Survey
Quiz your employees to see how much they know about the companies or clients with whom you work. They will not only learn more about the client/company, but they will also be able to use it to their advantage and close a deal in the future.
Why use Quizzes and Surveys for Team Building and Employee Engagement?
Reasons to use Quizzes and Surveys for Team Building and Employee Engagement:
Employee quizzes increase employee engagement, making them more motivated, focused, and committed to their work. This also imbibes a presence of mind among the employees as these quizzes and surveys are challenging to a certain extent. This would also bring out the spirit of healthy competition.
Teams in a corporate setup are extremely crucial and thus employees should be comfortable with the work culture and competitiveness. An employee engagement quiz is a team activity that encourages your employees to build camaraderie and team spirit. This is advantageous to both team members and your organization.
Everyone enjoys a recreational activity after a long day at work. So, why not administer an employee engagement survey? It can alleviate the stress of a long day and demonstrate to your employees that you care about their well-being. Surveys and quizzes bring in an air of distracting challenges, healthy competition, and a chance to learn more!
Therefore quizzes and surveys are used for team building and employee engagement.
Questionnaire for Team Building and Employee Engagement
It is critical to connecting with your employees in order to build a stronger relationship, establish trust, and master clear communication. The best way to connect with individuals on your team is to demonstrate a genuine interest in your employees as well as a genuine interest in their career goals.
Employees will feel more invested in their work as it propels them forward in their careers if they know you care about their hopes and aspirations and are there to support their personal and professional development.
You must ensure that your employees feel heard and valued, that they enjoy working with their team, and that they trust you, their colleagues, and any other individuals with whom they are collaborating.
When you and your employee have mutual respect and trust, your business will benefit from this stronger relationship.
Read the given links to learn how to create such quizzes for team building and employee engagement:
- How to create a survey form in QSM?
- How to create a quiz/survey for logged in users using QSM?
- How to make your quizzes aesthetically pleasing?
- How to create an employee engagement survey?
Some questions to use for team building and employee engagement are:
- Do you believe your work is valued?
- What drives you to come to work every day?
- What do you enjoy most about your job?
- How is your life outside of work?
- How has your work-life balance been lately?
- What are your interests outside of work?
- What did you do this weekend?
- Do you observe [holiday]?
- How are things with your family?
- What are some of your personal objectives for this year?
- What is one belief you’ve held your entire life that you believe has aided you in becoming the person you are today?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- What piece of advice would you give to your younger self?
- Is there anything about your job that you despise?
- How do you feel after [X] years at [company]?
- What are the things you’re most proud of having accomplished at this company?
- What is one new thing you’d like to work on or change?
- What are you doing that you don’t want to do?
- How satisfied are you with your job on a scale of 1 to 10?
- What could I do to help you get to a 10?
- What do you enjoy doing the most at work?
- Do you believe your career is progressing?
- What actions can you take to achieve that goal?
- What are your three long-term professional objectives?
- Have any of your objectives changed since the last time we discussed this?
- Do you want to attend any professional development events or workshops?
- What would you study if you could take a class?
- What kinds of habits do you want to form?
- What have you recently learned/improved?
- What additional training or education are you looking for?
What is team building in employee engagement?
What is employee team building?
What are the three C’s of employee engagement?
Through this blog we learn why team building and employee engagement activities are important when it comes to enhance the quality of team’s participation.
There can be various types of quizzes and surveys which can be taken up for team building and employee engagement that included sports trivia quiz, a pulse survey, employee engagement survey, personality quiz and likewise.
These quizzes can be of different genre than the company’s object so that the employees can get a breeze of recreation and indulge into interactions better!
You can create such quizzes using the Quiz and Survey Master plugin, exclusively for your employees. You can add different types of questions, image quizzes and even likert scale surveys with QSM!