Are you confused and seriously looking for a reliable Shopify SEO App to find and fix your store’s SEO issues?
In this article, I have shared with you the easiest way to generate quality organic traffic to your Shopify Store and fix all underlying SEO issues that are hampering your store’s rankings and more with the Best Shopify SEO App.
I have explained step-by-step how you can add the SEO App to your Shopify Store, set it up and enable the autopilot mode that can find and find all SEO issues as and when they occur without your intervention.
We are going to make use of the Shopify SEO Doctor App. SEO Doctor App is the best solution to all your SEO needs.
This Shopify SEO App offers advanced functionalities like Autopilot Mode, Image Compression, Sitemap Submission, Google Search Console Integration, Website Speed Booster, etc. which provide you with an edge over your competitors and allows your store to always be on top of the Google Search results.
With SEO Doctor App you can not only fix SEO Issues but also submit Sitemap, JSON-LD, Realtime 404 Monitor, etc. meaning this SEO App will take care of your store’s SEO needs whereas making the process look quite simple.
SEO Doctor App comes with two varients the Free Version and the Pro Version. Free Version you can manually fix SEO Issues, Do Manual SEO Audits, Fix Meta Title and Description, Compress Images, and Add Image Alt-Text.
Whereas, with the Pro Version you can automate the whole process including Meta Title and Description Fixing, Broken Link Fixing, Compressing Images, and also Submit Sitemap and Google Analytics Integration.
Also Read: Nine Fast and Easy WordPress Security Hacks you need to Implement Today [Website Security]
To Demonstrate the app’s full capabilities and advanced features in this article, we have made use of the SEO Doctor Pro Version.
Here’s How you can Fix Shopify SEO Issues with the SEO Doctor – Shopify SEO App
Step 1: Install SEO Doctor App on your Shopify Store
Navigate to SEO Doctor- Shopify SEO App and then hit the Add App button.
You will be notified to login to your Shopify store. So, to proceed further you need to enter your shop’s URL and hit Log in Button.
Now you will be prompted to install the App to your store. You now want to hit the Install App button. This will Install the SEO Doctor App on your Shopify Store.
Step 2: Visit the SEO Doctor Dashboard
After successful App installation on your store. Navigate to Apps > SEO Doctor.
This will take you to the SEO Doctor Dashboard.
On the Dashboard, you can view all the Products and Collections available on your store along with the details like the Product Name, Number of Issues Fixed, SEO Score generated by closely matching the Set Focus Keyword for individual item along with Preview and Fixing Issue.
On the Dashboard itself, you can find the Autopilot Summary giving you an idea of the number of Meta Titles, Meta Descriptions, Image Alt text Fixed and Number of Images Compressed with the number of broken links. You can also View the Detailed Autopilot Report.
You can also view the issues feed that will brief you with the latest encountered issue along with the timestamp of its occurrence. So, that you can take the necessary action asap or let the autopilot handle it.
Also Read: These Top Five Tactics will help you to Outperform your Competitors Online in 2023
Step 3: Enabling the Autopilot Mode
As you might have already come to know that the SEO Doctor Shopify SEO App has the Autopilot Mode that can handle and fix emerging SEO issues for you.
You need to enable this feature that is disabled by default. So, from the App’s Dashboard navigate to the Autopilot Tab.
Here you will find options like:
- Meta Title Optimization – This lets you Automatically optimize your Meta Title based on conditions and rules of your choice.
- Meta Description Optimization – This lets you Automatically optimize your Meta Description based on conditions and rules of your choice.
- You can set Templates for Products, Collections, Pages, and Blog Posts.
- You can make use of template variables like Title, Business Name, Product Color, Product Type, Price, Vendor, Description, etc. that will vary according to Products, Collections, Pages, and Blog Posts.
- Image Alt Text – If enabled this will allow the Autopilot to provide Alternative Text for your images based on the conditions and rules you select.
- You can set Templates for Product Images Only.
- You can make use of template variables like Title, Business Name, Product Color, Product Type, Price, Vendor, Description, etc.
- Image Compression – If enabled this will allow Autopilot to compress your images based on the conditions and rules you select.
- Broken Links – If enabled this will allow Autopilot to fix your broken links by redirecting them to destinations based on the rules you select.
- You can set redirect paths for Product Pages, Collection Pages, Blog Posts, and Other Pages.
This is enough if you want to just let the Autopilot Handle your store’s SEO issues. But there may be times when you need to manually take control of SEO or experiment with stuff.
Step 4: Manual Tools
So, to fix SEO issues manually you need to know how to use the Manual Tools. Manual Tools in SEO Doctor App consists of Page Auditor, Image Alt Text, Image Renaming, Image Compression, and Fixing Broken Links.
With Page Auditor you can manually optimize
- Product Pages – Optimizing your product pages will greatly improve your product’s ranking on search engines like Google.
- Collection Pages – Optimizing Collections will help customers find the products they want easily. Optimizing your collection pages will greatly improve their ranking on search engines so your customers can find your products easily.
Manually select a product/Collections Page and optimize it to improve its ranking. Once you choose a desired product/collections page you need to set:
- Target Keyword – It is the keyword or phrase you want a product to show up for when a customer searches for it in search engines.
- Update Meta Data – Updating the meta title and description is essential that will show up in the search engine results. You need to include your target keyword to improve your ranking.
- Content Analysis – It will help you understand if your product description and other content on the page is well optimized to help improve the rankings.
- Image Alt Text – Lets you add alt text to your images to improve their rankings on Google and other search engines.
- Image Compression – Compressing Images helps you to improve your website speed. The faster your website’s load time the better your ranking will be and can attract more visitors.
- Mobile-Friendly Test – Mobile-Friendly Test is a must. Having a mobile version of your website will greatly help with your rankings as Google is moving to mobile-first indexing.
- Google Page Speed – Web pages that load faster rank higher than those that are slow. Having a faster load time is a key ranking factor.
- Structured Data Test – This test enables search engines to better understand the information on your page. This information is further used to improve the display of your store’s search results listing.
Image Alt Text
You can manually edit the alternative text of every single image on your store. This will make your images rank higher on image search queries on Search Engine.
Also Read: This is how you can add a Timer on Google Forms [With Steps]
You can manually rename every single image on your store. This will make your images rank higher on image search queries on Search Engine. Search engines not only crawl the text on your webpage, but they also crawl your image file names so it’s equally important to have a proper image name.
Image Compression is crucial for SEO. The SEO Doctor Shopify SEO App can compress images without you needing to use any third-party tool. The Image Compression Tools comes built-in and can compress images with just a click of a button.
Broken links (Error 404) can contribute to loss of sales for your business and leak of SEO juice to your website. Potential customers don’t like to see 404 error pages, they will just go to your competitor. You can fix this by setting up a redirect path to a working link.
This was all about Manual SEO with the SEO Doctor – Shopify SEO App
Step 4: Setup Sitemap Submission
Sitemap submission is important in order to let Google know all the URLs to your site you need to submit the sitemap to Google in the form of an XML file. It means telling Google where to find it on your site.
So, with the SEO Doctor App, you can easily submit the sitemap with just a click. But for that, you need to connect your Google Search Console Account to the SEO Doctor – Shopify SEO App by navigating to Apps > SEO Doctor App > Settings > Google Search Console and then hit the Connect button.
After you’ve successfully connected to Search Console you can find the Pages Submitted, Pages Indexed, Index Percentage, Sitemap Warnings, and Last Google Update for Products, Pages, Collections, and Blogs.
Step 5: Installing JSONLD
JSON-LD allows search engines to better understand your website and your business. Activating it on your store will help both customers and search engines better understand your website and also improve your SEO ranking and improve click rate.
You can do this by just hitting the Install button on the Settings Tab.
This is how you can generate quality organic traffic to your Shopify Store and fix all underlying SEO issues by using the Shopify SEO App – SEO Doctor.
To know more about this app and its pricing you can visit its listing on the Shopify App Store by navigating to SEO Doctor – Shopify SEO App
Also Read: Top Five Shopify SEO Tips to Rank Multilingual Stores in 2023
If you think I may have missed something kindly comment down below and share your views.